AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Special Delivery...

















Hellooooooooo!! How are you?

Are you having the best week ever?? I hope you are!

I know that I have had a whinge about Australia Post lately... but the truth is that I LOVE my postie!! and I LOVE the treasures that he leaves on my doorstep. It is always one of the highlights of my day...

This week I have been especially excited by what I have discovered on my welcome mat!!

Firstly! an amazing pair of vintage yellow sheets - A GIFT! - from the very outrageous and fantastic Tamarah from Shabby Vintage Junk!! What a sweetheart - kisses to you, miss Tamarah, mwah!

Then...

the MOST AMAZING bundle of precious vintage feedsack squares, that I ordered via Etsy!!
I can't wait to make something with them.

Bark cloth!! My new obsession! I have a growing stash to inspire me...

AND... a magical little pile of vintage floral ephemera! Lucky me!

PLUS!! a new book.

Etc; by Sibella Court.

To be honest, I find her style too messy and haphazard for my own tastes, but the book is simply a treasure in its own right.
The book seems to capture moments and glimpses, rather than the big picture, and I love her focus on collecting and cataloguing, her use of colour and the way she invites natural curiosities into every corner of her home.

And to make my day even brighter - my small person came home from daycare with a technicolour crown. It is sensational!

Sadly, however, my rag rug is FALLING TO PIECES! Shit! It has taken me so so long to get it to the size of a doormat but the center has stretched and warped, so that it sort of resembles a sombrero. All is not lost! I am going to clip the strings that are holding it together and start again.

Okie Dokie, time for bed.

Hope you are well and happy, wherever you are.

Bec x





4 comments:

  1. Love your vintage fabrics, good luck with your rag rug what a pain in the bum you have to start again. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi= glad you found me!
    Ok...I am in looove with that $10 gorgeous chippy cupboard from the opshop!!!!
    What a flipping find!!
    It looks brilliant filled with your fabric...don't you hate it when you cut some off your lovely little fabric metre or two, and then it never folds perfectly like that again!!

    We lived in Perth , from Sydney, for a couple of years bf the kiddos- loved Dunsb!
    We're about to take off on a road trip to the Isle of Skye with our besties from London, who also left Islington to have a year in Dunsb with their kiddos 3 years ago!
    Small world thousands of miles apart!

    Thrifting looks good in your part of the world- blimey!

    Melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Messy & Haphazard!" if that is an official style then I claim it!

    ReplyDelete