AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Thursday, June 30, 2011

...a few new loves

New fabrics arriving on my doorstep...



A new obsession with postage stamps...

A new hobby...



They are like tiny little pieces of history...

I love that each postage stamp has its own little story...

and there is SO much you can do with them...

I have also been playing with gorgeous old sheet music from the 30's and 40's

AND awesome cross-stitch images from vintage books such as Golden Hands...





Hello my loveliest lovelies!! How are you all today? We are locked inside, away from the wild and woolly weather that has hit our small town in the last few days. You may have seen snippets on the news... Dunsborough and Quindalup have experienced massive winds over the last few nights, and trees have been up-rooted and houses have lost their roof's... It has been crazy...

Luckily we have had no damage to our house, and I was so tired that I have slept through the howling winds, and was quite oblivious to the storm until I drove past the SES workers cleaning up the next morning.

Any who, it is perfect weather for creating and nesting and sewing, so I couldn't be happier, despite the destruction!! I have been locked away playing with a few new projects...

I recently fell in love with collecting stamps, not to keep in an album, but to re-use for crafting purposes, along with all sorts of vintage ephemera collected from books, magazines, images from postcards and advertisements... 

I will be selling the lockets maybe at market?? I am not sure if I will add them to the Etsy shop yet...

I need to say a hugest THANK YOU!!! To the marvellous Tamarah over at the Shabby Vintage Junk Blog, for writing the most ridiculously lovely stuff about me and my little piece of blogland. I am a huge fan of her work, so to say that I am flattered would be a huge understatement. She goes about collecting and salvaging incredible vintage booty, with such incredible enthusiasm, gusto and humour, she really is an inspiration machine!!! If you haven't seen her before you can check her out here...

She also poked me in the direction of Dottie Angel. Have you seen this lady before? I can't believe I hadn't heard of her sooner. Just MAGICAL and whimsical creations, all along the vintage and recycled theme. She is just my cup of tea. Go take a peak here...

Speaking of tea, it's time for me to go have a cuppa now.

Much love and happiness to you xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Bec 

5 comments:

  1. Morning Bec....!

    I had to go find my bib shortly after spying your first pic....What a DIVINE lot of sheets....**sigh**....I think I'm going to spend a part of my day rearranging mine....Though I'm SURE there are 101 tasks requiring my IMMEDIATE & URGENT attention....Priorities....WHO needs 'em I say....hahahahaha....!!

    Your lockets are ADORABLE....I just would NEVER have thought of using vintage stamps....CLEVER YOU....!!

    CHUFFED you enjoyed visiting Tif....She's a PEACH for sure....!

    Have a FABULOUSLY CREATIVE weekend Lovey....!!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamarah sent me this way, I'm a new fan!
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a clever chook, great use of old stamps and the lockets are lovely too. Just eyeing off all that lovely fabric now, choices, choices...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness!!!!!!!! those sheets are fabulous. just fabulous. love your stamps...they are so beautiful. you are so creative it's terribly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting and following me as I have now discovered you too. Love the stamps and the cross-stitch images. I have been following Dottie Angel for some time now and can see how she would be up your alley. x

    ReplyDelete