AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Swamp thing...

Yesterday I dedicated a few hours to the ritual of self maintenance. My ritual involves gooping black dyes into my eyelashes and eyebrows. A dark brown dye for my head of hair. A bit of scrubbing. Some toe-nail painting....



Most of these things I used to trust to the beautician. But after becoming a family, and realising that the cost of beautifying ones-self is no longer a priority, I became pretty snappy in the ways of the DIY day spa....

Being quite fair naturally and preferring my hair dark, I have learnt that you must cover all of the light hairs around your face thoroughly! It is better that you have a dark stain around your face for a day or two, than you have a halo of baby blonde hairs around your face for a month!! My sister taught me that!!



I was also rather chuffed with the arrival of a few pairs of lovely coloured socks!! Not exactly the most exciting news, but as I have decided to jump on the socky bandwagon, these really made my day!!

I did manage to sew yesterday, but it was hard work... I was clumsy and my head felt like it was going to explode again. It has dawned on me that perhaps the pain in my head could be explained by hay-fever! I have never had it before, but I am off to the chemist to get my hands on some claratyne. I hope its works!! I will keep you posted.

Hope you are enjoying some delicious weather in your neck of the woods.

Bec x

7 comments:

  1. We all need a little boost occasionally and there is no better way to do that than with some colouring of hair and new socks with cute shoes! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm def hearing you on the maintenance thing, makes you feel so much better when you invest personal time in yourself!
    LOVE the new socks!
    Hope your head de-fuzzes soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute shoes and socks :)
    I'm with you on the dark hair, high maintenance and a bit tricky with a very white bathroom, but worth it :)
    have a lovely weekend and hope you feel better
    x x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mustard and brown and those shoes are the cutest in the whole world. And be thankful you are only covering blonde, grey is a whole lot more work. melx

    ReplyDelete