AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Monday, February 27, 2012




On Saturday morning I was informed by my love that Zavian had a birthday party to attend that day. He had known all week but had forgotten to mention anything to me! I am not a great baker, but I can whip up a nice vanilla cupcake without much of problem.

I was just thinking how could I make them look a little more snazzy - then it occurred to me that I could easily make little flags using just washi tape and a hand-full of toothpicks... Super quick and too easy! Just wrap the washi tape around your toothpick and cut out the decorative ribbon shapes at the end. 

It could be a handy trick to have up your sleeve for your next cupcake decorating dilemma...

Bec x

10 comments:

  1. Oh Bec...Cupcakes....My FAVE FOODGROUP.....And these look FABULOUS....Do you think they'll be any left over....hahahahaha....??!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little idea. The washi tape would also make good bunting strung between two skewers on a cake.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually the best ideas come from having to be resourceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these, they look so gorgeous!
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very spesh. You must be the most stylish creature to have hit Panna in over a decade I reckon. melx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure MacGyver could do lots with some washi tape and a toothpick but nothing as pretty as your invention! Lovely ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh these are adorable - nothing quite as good as homemade now, is there?! As for washi tape...seems to be the word(s) of the week. I need to get some! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shut UP! So cute! Of course this means I have to make cupcakes right. now. Being midnight that poses a few noise issues however.

    ReplyDelete